Tuesday, December 22, 2009

More ornaments

These ornaments also use the Ornament Punch. To make the first ornament, punch 11 identical pieces from designer paper. Roll each around your finger and secure with strong adhesive. Arrange on a 1-3/4" circle of cardstock. Decorate center as desired. I stamped the design with silver shimmer paint and added a silver brad to the center.



The next ornament uses 8 ornament punched pieces. The sides of each piece were folded to meet in the center then adhered to a 2-1/2" circle of cardstock abutting the edges. I painted a ribbon slide from the HogdePodge Hardware Kit with Silver Shimmer Paint and added a Fire Rhinestone Brad to the center and mounted both on a 3/4" circle of cardstock. I repeated the design on the back, sandwiching a cord hanger between to make it reversible.



TIP: It is important to make sure each punched piece has an identical pattern. Turn the punch over and carefully align the patterned paper each time you punch to give consistency to each piece.

2 comments:

  1. Very nice.....congrats up your new blog!!!!
    I have one also and my resolution this year is to keep up with it. I am a "BAD" blogger!!!!
    Thanks for sharing your great ideas!!!!!
    Laurie VF

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a clever idea! I hope the ornament punch makes it into the next IBC!

    ReplyDelete