Saturday, March 20, 2010

Mini Box Stamp for My Digital Studio

SU! has a new mini stamp set for My Digital Studio for making mini boxes.  This is the pillow box.
I have a couple of tips for using it.

First of all,  when you download the set, the boxes will be under "Stamps"- Mini Project Boxes.  The papers will be under "Designer Paper" - Mini Project Boxes.  They also are found under Multiple Output Options - 8-1/2 X 11 portrait- designer templates.  In this location the paper and box are already combined.  I prefer using it as a stamp and choosing my own paper.

For this project:

1. Open a new project - 8.5 X 11 album- either landscape or portrait will work.  Choose blank page.
2. Add a background paper - I used the Shades of Spring dsp.
3. Add the pillow stamp.  Rotate 90 degrees if necessary.
4.  Add any text or images at this time if you are using them.  I did not for this first project.
5.  When done change the color of the stamp to a shade matching but slightly darker than the background.
6.  Print on Whisper White cardstock.
7. Use the faint lines to cut out the box.
8. Cut the slit using a hobby knife.
9.  Score the fold lines.  I used my scoring blade for the straight lines and a stylus for the curved lines.  (Put a mouse pad underneath when using the stylus.)
10.  Fold and decorate.

If you are used to using the Big Shot Pillow Die this will seem like a lot of work.  The Big Shot does all the cutting and scoring for you.  But the perk of doing this on MDS would be the ability to add custom text and pictures to make personalized favor or treat boxes.

No comments:

Post a Comment