Friday, April 16, 2010

New Colors!

It was a happy stamping day trying out new goodies! The May issue of Stampin' Success (SU! publication for demonstrators)  arrived in my mailbox today and it had samples of the 5 new colors being introduced in the 2010-2011 main catalog (launching in July).  And THEN the UPS man arrived with my preorder of the Summer Mini catalog products (launching May 1).  So many new things but I did not have time to get too fancy as it was a really hectic day.
Of course the new colors have fun names The blue is Marina Mist- deeper than Bashful Blue but still nice and subtle.  Early Espresso is the brown - rich and warm.  Daffodil Dash is really snappy - brighter than I had pictured it in my mind.  It will stand up nicely against dark colors.  And my personal favorite - Cranberry Crisp- as yummy as it sounds!  I had a piece of Always Artichoke laying out for another project and they will be perfect together for Christmas.  I did not use Cajun Craze- a rich rust - also very pretty.

The blue and yellow flowers are cut with the Island Floral Big Shot die, while the brown is punched with the Extra Large Fancy Flower punch.  They nest just perfectly.  I misted the flowers with water and scrunched them up in a ball to give them a distressed look.  I also misted the Cranberry Crisp strip to make it easier to pleat.

For the background I used the Bella Toile stamp inked in Close to Cocoa and then spritzed it with the new Log Cabin Smooch glitter mist.  Of course that does not photograph well but it adds a beautiful dark coppery shine.  All the prettiness of glitter without the mess!

2 comments:

  1. Absolutely incredible. I adore your art work. Stunning.

    The new colors are excellent and you really showed them off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving the new colors; hope to receive my samples soon. Another card to case - thanks!

    ReplyDelete