Thursday, July 8, 2010

Morning Coffee and Scalloped Ribbons

My brother and sister-in-law own a local coffee shop so the Morning Cup stamp set and Take a Sip Wheel were tops on my wish list from the new cattie.  The fun designs in the Hostess DSP pack were just the thing to pair with the maiden voyage of these new stamps and I have been anxious to try the Dotted Ribbon Border punch as well so this was a happy stamping day!
This first card is pretty simple as the bold background paper does the trick on this one.  I used 1/16th inch borders for the Crumb Cake base and the black mat to keep the focus on the stripes.  The teapot is paper pieced and the little black scallop underneath it is the leftover scrap you get when you punch a border with the Dotted Scallop Ribbon Punch.  How cool is that!  I love it when the "throw aways" turn out to be treasures.  (By the way, that is a little piece of black satin ribbon tucked in at the right side of the teapot mat in the shadows.  I need to work on a better photography set up.)
For this card I also paper pieced the coffee pot and used the little leftovers again.  I backed the black dotted ribbon piece with a narrow strip of Crumb Cake to make the dots show up with more contrast.
The Take a Sip wheel has so many cute little cups.  This is only a portion of the whole image.  It is stamped with Staz-On Jet Black and colored with markers.  I cut the ribbon strip down the center to frame the stamping.  I have a few more ideas of ways to use the ribbon punch but that will have to wait for another day!

3 comments:

  1. Betty, your cards are soooooo amazing. They are always innovative and beautiful. These are no exception.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful ideas I bought this set and you gave me lots of ideas. Thanks Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are adorable! Thanks so much for sharing and inspiring the rest of us!

    Mary

    ReplyDelete