Thursday, May 5, 2011

More Colored Embossing Technique Details

Today I have more details for two of the cards from the Stampin' Addicts Summer Mini Blog Hop.  You can follow the links on this page to see all the new goodies.

This card has three different embossing techniques.
For the button, I first covered it with gold embossing powder, heated it up and while is was still hot sprinkled a fine layer of Wild Wasabi powder on and heated it again.  The result is very cool metallic green.
The ribbon is also embossed.  I started with white organza and dragged it across the versamark pad until it was coated.  When it was heated the powder melted into the ribbon.  The ribbon itself melted a bit giving a unique wavy design and though it is hard to see it has a soft shimmer.
Colored embossing powder stands out beautifully on a dark background.  I added the colors one at a time to the inked background, tapping off the excess in between colors. 


I thought this next card came out quite nicely.  
The multicolored background is the same stamp, same technique as the first card but it looks very different on a light paper.  This one is embossed on watercolor paper which is nice and thick with a bit of texture.  

The shiny layer is thin copper dry embossed with the Square Lattice folder.  I rubbed the versamark pad lightly over the surface to ink up just the raised areas and then sprinkled Wild Wasabi embossing powder on it.  A very interesting combo of color and shininess.
Making the flower was very fun!  I cut a piece of whisper white cardstock in a spiral with the Table Setting die.  After coiling it up, I stuck it to a circle of Sticky Page adhesive.   I ran my versamarker around and around flower and embossed it with Melon Mambo powder.  Then I ran the versamarker around and around again but only on the edges and embossed with gold.  I used reinkers in Daffodil Delight and Tangerine Tango to watercolor the interior of the flower leaving a bit a white as highlights.


3 comments:

  1. This is beyond cool! TFS how you achieved such a unique and pretty look :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought I'd already commented on this while on the blog hop!...I can sure say it again...these are awesome ideas and very pretty projects!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow...what great techniques you have demonstrated! Absolutely love the results you accomplished...You are s very talented artist.
    Sincerely,
    NancyK in WI

    ReplyDelete