Saturday, July 16, 2011

Hang in There Get Well Card

When a box of new stampin' supplies arrive it is so hard to decide what to use first.  (That is really a very fun problem... I'm not complaining!!)  The bold designs of the Domestic Goddess DSP caught my eye so this is first card made with all new goodies from the 2011-2012 Idea Book and Catalog.
Once again I made larger card to fit in a business size envelope.  I find that is a great size to really show off large designs and it has lots of room for a message inside.

The base is 8" X 9", folded in half so the finished size is 4" X 9".   The DSP is cut 1/4" shorter on each side.  A little piece of satin ribbon on the left ties in the black.

I stamped the "Get Well Soon" sentiment from the new Delightful Dozen set, cut it out and put it on the tee shirt.
Isn't the mini clothespin cute???  Such a fun little embellishment.  The ribbon is Daffodil Delight 1/8" taffeta that I coated with Crystal Effects and coiled around a skewer.  I ended up with pretty sticky fingers doing it but I really like the finished look.

I will have more new things to show soon..... See you!

No comments:

Post a Comment