Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Love My Soldier

Happy Valentines Day to all our troops!  Yesterday I sent a care package to both our boys with some homemade goodies.  This is the card I put in for our oldest son who is in the infantry.    Love my guys!!
I started by printing a photo from the internet and built the card from there.  I really like this layout and can see using it again with a stamped image in place of the photo.   I decided the Geometrical stamp set, the Stripes embossing folder and the distressed diagonal lines of the Ectetera DSP would be a nice combo for this card.

By having just a bit of the diagonal DSP sticking out it repeats the chevron pattern of the stamp.  Also it is a bit hard to tell from the photo but the chevrons are stamped with Old Olive and the arrow with Jet Black Stazon.  It needed a bit of black to tie all together.

Materials:
Geometrical and Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp sets
Black card stock base
Crumb Cake, Old Olive and Real Red card stock
Ectetera Designer Series Paper
Old Olive and Jet Black Stazon Ink
Envelope Punch board for rounding corners
Small Heart punch

1 comment:

  1. Love this card. My daughters boyfriend is Military and I am always trying to incorporate military into his cards. Now I have a simple yet perfect card for him. Definitely on my case list. TFS.

    ReplyDelete